I must give credit where it is due and thank the Lord for His peace that surpasses all understanding (Phil 4:7). For weeks and weeks we have been praying that He would extend an extra measure of peace over us as we completed training and transitioned again for just a short time before leaving for the field. This next week of preparation and time with our families and friends is going to be a huge, nasty tangle of emotions and, to be quite honest, I didn't want to face it. So we prayed and we prayed hard ad we asked others to pray and, in His grace, the Lord has provided peace. For that, we are inexplicably thankful.
But I'm also thankful for something much smaller: Waverly likes African food. Encouraging, ey? Well, I'm encouraged, mainly because food is going to be one of the biggest adjustments for me. I love food and I love the food I love and the food I love cannot be found in Africa, except that which I can make from scratch. But naturally, I was worried about Waverly not liking the food. I mean, she IS her Momma's girl: she loves Chick fil a. But I cannot explain to you the relief I experienced when we ate African cuisine on two separate occasions during training and she actually enjoyed it. It wasn't a flooding-type of relief, the kind that washes over you when you run back into Joseph Beth because you left your phone in the bathroom and the lady at the counter tells you that, in fact, someone turned your phone in. No, it was a sweet relief like, don't be nervous, she was made for this. Maybe it wasn't even relief, maybe it was God speaking (more) peace into my spirit: I've got this. I know what I'm doing. She was made for this.
Ethiopian.
Senegalese.



No comments:
Post a Comment