Friday, October 19, 2012

Answered Prayers

Okay, I'll be honest, I've never TRULY believed in the total power of prayer. I just didn't understand it. I had never been sensitive enough toward the Holy Spirit's work through prayer... until now; until I have felt so desperate that I just cried out to Him in my heart and saw Him move in a way that only HE can receive the glory.

A few days ago, we packed up (again) for more training in west Africa. Just when Madagascar was beginning to feel like home, we transition yet again. Our first day of flight from Tana to Nairobi, Kenya was HORRIBLE. Waverly was HORRIBLE. I was HORRIBLE. And Chandler spent the day playing referee. There were so many factors playing into this day and I couldn't get a hold of myself; neither could Waverly.

That night, as we all lay in the same bed, I just cried. I felt like the worst mother, I felt like we couldn't control our child, and I really just didn't want to take another trip.

But I prayed. I prayed myself to sleep and heard the chorus from "I Need Thee Every Hour" over and over in my head.

The next morning, I woke up with a headache and Waverly woke up throwing a fit, so I got on Facebook and I sent an email to our families and I BEGGED for prayer. I knew we needed The Lord to work in a mighty way. And He did. We didn't just survive the day, we had a GREAT day. Waverly got a much needed nap on the plane which significantly improved my spirit. The icing on the cake: the row across from ours only had one person who sat next to the window, so Chandler sat in the aisle seat freeing up two whole seats for Waverly to stretch out. It.was.amazing. No screaming, very little crying, and the sleep (and peace!) that she so desperately needed.

He answered our prayers and provided more. God is so good.

And thank you to those who prayed very specifically for Waverly on that day. We are so blessed to have people who love us, support us, pray for us, and hold up our arms when we are spiritually, emotionally, and physically tired.

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted you to know we have been praying for you! You have been on our hearts!
    We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I have to be honest...your post kind of scares me! :) I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelli, you are a good writer, and I really appreciate the transparency of your posts. We are praying for you, and rooting you on.

    ReplyDelete