Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Heartache.

My heart aches for Madagascar today. Partly because of the cyclone that hit last night (US time). Part of our team is near the capitol, Antananarivo, and we are praying for their safety. But my heart aches mostly because I feel like I am missing the action, so to speak. I don't like missing the action. In fact, the paramedics were just here (I'm at work in the basement) to pick up a sick girl from our in-house school. I missed the whole thing and my office is right off the main hallway!

Anyway, I shouldn't be blogging from work, but I have to get settle my heart. I started researching Madagascar in my effort to find out more about the cyclone, then just got caught up. I want to know everything. I want to know what we're in for. Then, of course, I got on Facebook to encourage our team with prayer and started finding other teammates and reading their blogs. Our team is made up of, primarily, young families with young children: two families with three girls each, one family with one girl, and another family with two boys. All under the age of 15, most under the age of 10. I want to be there! I want to be serving with them, right now!

But see, this is where I get carried away and lose focus of our work here. My mind gets lost in "what will be" and I lose track of "what is". We have a lot to do here before we leave for Africa in October. I cannot mentally abandon what God has called me to do here, right now.

With that being said, I can get to work now.

No comments:

Post a Comment