Well, I'm now blogging as 1/3 of a new IMB missionary unit! Our "file" was presented to the Board of Trustees today and they unanimously agreed, without question, that we will be missionaries in Sub-saharan Africa! More specifically, Ft. Dauphin, Madagascar!
Despite the knowledge that the Lord has called both Chandler and I to be missionaries in Africa, we have always kept, in the forefront of our minds, that He can take us along another path at any point in accordance with His will for our lives. He has been so gracious thus far, allowing this process to be smooth and efficient. He has given us favor in the eyes of the IMB and we look forward to the journey ahead, working with the IMB alongside our SW Mada team!
He has also been faithful and gracious in the realistically small, but emotionally huge, aspects of this time in our lives. Of all the things I could have lost sleep over and worried about I often laid awake at night praying that our pup, Fenway, would have a "forever home" to go to when we leave in July. I cried when I thought of her being separated from us and the thought of her missing us and her home.
Fortunately, I can rest knowing that she will be going to a family who will love her probably more than we do (that's a lot!). She has stayed with them some when we have been out of town, spending 2 weeks with them when we traveled to Malawi.
I am thankful that He is faithful to accomplish the will He has set for our lives and I am thankful that He cares about the "little" things, showing me that HE is in control and HIS timing is perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment