Monday, March 12, 2012

Sort Of Interesting Fact.

Having watched hundreds of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episodes, as a biproduct of my daughter's insatiable obsession with the show and characters, I would consider myself an expert on the subject. When you watch the same episodes over and over, you quit enjoying the content of the show and start analyzing various aspects. For example, I often ask myself, "What is the moral of this story? What is Waverly learning? Is this an effective presentation of the material?" Seriously.

I got real hung up on a particular episode where Pluto and Mickey got caught in bubbles, floating into space, but have no fear, Daisy and Minnie flew their bi-plane to save them, putting rubber ducks on top of their bubbles to bring them back to earth. Totally lame and unbelievable. I can't believe Waverly falls for this sort of thing.

May latest obsession has been with the man himself: Mickey. I've had a feeling for a while that Mickey is from somewhere in the midwest. Isn't that so strange? I can guarantee I'm the only person ever who has thought this.

But I have family in Missouri; my dad's a good 'ol midwest boy, and they have a different way of talking. It's not as pronounced, always, as the southern dialect, but it's there. Trust me. So, anyway, I was getting this midwest vibe from Mickey Mouse. And, of course, Google'd it because, well, I love to Google stuff. I just like to know things, even if it's trivial and useless. Come to find out, Walt Disney was born in Illinois, did most of his growing up in, none other than, Missouri (!) and went to high school in Illinois! I was super pumped with my discovery.

But let's get real, the only person who will find this interesting, besides myself, is my dad. Quite frankly, I'm more impressed with my own intuition than the actual facts of the situation.

There you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment