I'm not good with good-byes. I took Fenway to her vacation home. And cried a little when I got home. It's just not the same without our "go-go". No matter how much of a pain she can be, I miss her.
Today is it, though. I still haven't packed; although, I did what I said I would do yesterday... I pulled out the suitcases. But that's it. So Chandler gave me more direction: pack Waverly and make a list for yourself. Got it. I'll get right to that... after lunch. I have decided that Waverly and I are going to Panera for lunch today for a date. Okay, okay, part of it is because I am tired of eating at home. We have been trying to get rid of the perishable foods before we go and I can't take it anymore.
So, after lunch I will buckle down on packing.
I had a little meltdown last night. Okay, okay, I sobbed. We went to check on Waverly in her bed before heading to bed ourselves. It's hard to look at her, then walk away and feel like I haven't memorized her exactly right. I just cried and cried. Finally, after I cried through washing my face and brushing my teeth, I gathered myself and even managed to laugh at Chandler falling out of the bed (that happens more often than it should). We get snuggled in and Chandler says, "Babe, I know this tough," at which point I started crying again and told him I just didn't want to talk about it.
It definitely won't be the last time I lose it. Count on it.
But for now, I am okay. I've put a little perspective on it: Our will is not an omen. It is eleven days, four of which will be traveling to and from. Our parents get two uninterrupted weeks of "Waverly love" and it doesn't get much better than that. I will miss her way more than she will miss me. This is what God has called us to do at this time and I have to be obedient and trust that His will is perfect.
I can do this.
No comments:
Post a Comment