My stomach turned a little bit when I typed "3 Days"... This trip is coming up pretty quickly. I feel like I have time. I really don't. I have had multiple friends offer to help out, but I can't think of anything I need help with. In hindsight, I will know what they could have done.
On the docket today: cleaning, list making, grocery run.
Tomorrow: take the dog to the vet... She is high maintenance. I want to get her checked out before she stays with friends. She has had tonsillitis before. I didn't know that was possible, but it is. She wasn't eating and we chalked it up to allergies and general laziness, but she lost a lot of weight. Her tonsils were enflamed and it hurt her throat to eat. I could kick myself now for letting her lose so much weight and I am not letting that happen again.
I am hoping to not have to take Waverly to her doctor this week. I think it is twelve-month molars, but sometimes it is hard to distinguish between cutting teeth and an ear infection. She's been slobbering like crazy, more so now than with any of the seven teeth she has now. And her bottom is so raw from.. well, let's just say something has upset her stomach. Last night was rough. She woke up sometime in the early morning, just crying. Completely uncharacteristic and so totally pitiful. I made Chandler go in to her, but eventually got up myself and ended up rocking her for half and hour. Ugh, satan, stay back!
On a more positive note, Chandler and I finally drilled out our daily schedule for the high schoolers. Tonight he is going to develop the daily devotionals for each day. We also have an idea for what we want to do for the Friday night program.. yeah. So, Wednesday night is the talent show and apparently, our team is participating. Then, Friday night the missionary kids are putting on a program, which our team is producing. The little kids are singing a couple songs, the middle schoolers are doing a puppet show, and our kids are "happy hands"-ing to a Casting Crowns song. Hopefully. Chandler and I have to learn the song by next Tuesday before we start teaching the high schoolers. It's fine. We've got 17 hours on a plane from Atlanta to Johannesburg.
But I'm not stressed. Really, I'm not. Pinky. God is totally in control. We are going to do our part and trust the rest to Him.
The guest bathrooms are calling my name. Oy.
No comments:
Post a Comment